Saturday, November 14, 2009

"It's an Ephelant."





"There used to be a zoo near our office block. Whenever I see elephants these days I always think of this wee boy who turned to his mother, nodded gravely and said, 'Momma, that's an ephelant.'" For as long as I can remember, our favourite neighbour has always had a happy calmness about her, a cracker sense of humour, smiling eyes and a voice like cooing doves. We all love a good chinwag and needless to say, sister and I hardly ever make it past our gate on our rare evening strolls.

When we were holidaying in Kyneton (about half an hour's drive from Daylesford), the boy bought me this necklace from a jewellery store called 'Balcony' on Piper St (even though it was his birthday). Innit adorable??

Meanwhile, I know the YSL Tributue sandals are old, but these beauties were too cheap to pass up! USD$13.99 from Urban Original Dot Com- who can tell? They make me even happier when they're on my feet! Snapped up a pair in Lilac too for the sister. My podiatrist will not be very pleased. 'Spend as much time as you can in Asics,' she says. Easier said!

Wearing vintage crochet jumper, Cotton On singlet, vintage denim cut-off shorts, vintage alligator belt, vintage sunglasses, Balcony necklace, Sussan bracelet, Urban Original shoes.

No comments: