Monday, January 04, 2010

Lazy hazy Sunday






This cream-coloured blazer was purchased from Portmans on Boxing Day for just $39.95 while I was interstates (I love the cut and it's so very comfy). The nude flats with a scalloped trim were purchased from Witchery that day too for only $49.95 (down from $140)! As you can see, I find it difficult to keep quiet about my enthusiasm for bargains! What's wrong with being a little prudent, anyway?

Wearing Portmans blazer, rings from Diva, Sussan's bracelet, Cotton On plunging V-neck in grey-blue, AA tricot nylon leggings in black, Prada silk scarf, Witchery scalloped flats.


Just returned from watching Avatar in 3D. What a load of crock! I'm thoroughly convinced they write silly storylines so people have plenty to criticise at the conclusion of the movie! (Though I must admit, it was pretty to watch and somewhat entertaining....)

Beforehand, we visited City Wine Shop for our evening meal and were completely blown away by the food and the friendly, prompt service we received. The place is what its name says it is:- a fancy city wine shop where a large selection of wine can be ordered by the glass at any one time.

Sadly, I do not drink much wine so I can't tell you much about their collection of fine wines. My boyfriend, who drinks much more than me, says good wine is wine that you enjoy drinking (not because someone important says it is) whenever I lament about how little I know about a good drop.


Do you like my owl?


For me: chicken schnitzel and homemade coleslaw. The schnitzel was very crunchy on the outside without being one bit oily, and it was both succulent and tender in the middle. Perfect.


P Diddy's Roast Pork Belly.
The waiter, upon collecting his plate, 'Are you finished with that, sir?.... I suppose you couldn't be more finished than that.'


Dessert: Lemon cheesecake and strawberry salad. Delectable cake with a digestive biscuit base I think (I love those biscuits!), cream, dried strawberries, and fresh strawberries tossed in a teensy bit of sugar and mint. Mmmm!

The Wine Shop will certainly be seeing more of me!

CITY WINE SHOP
159 Spring St
Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9654 6657

13 comments:

Pia said...

gorgeous photos!

Closet Full of Nothing said...

Amazing photos! love that oversized blazer on you :)

Hope you had a great Christmas, Happy New year hun!


xoxo,

Coco
http://closetfullofnothing.blogspot.com/

laura said...

the lighting in these pictures is gorgeous.

anna bu said...

haha thanks darling!
i had to wear latex overknee-socks with booties and those pants....whoa...i was seating like hell. :)

Move said...

love ur photos :)

xxx

Sharon Lei said...

Found your blog thru Coco's. :) You look great.. that's a great blazer.

Hope you're having a lovely day.

Love & Aloha, S
www.elisharon.blogspot.com

lara said...

Plunging V Necks always have a way of making me feel awesome. xxxxx

LaurenSchoon said...

Great blazer! And I love that owl ring!
http://champagneandmarshmallows.blogspot.com/

Lucy said...

Amazing photos and I love your outfit so much!! Great job :).

Anonymous said...

i love your outfit! you definitely had me looking at portmans after i looked at that sweet blazer. and i love your blog!!
X♥

Delmy said...

Love your blazer girl.

Alicia - Sea Of Ghosts said...

That blazer is lovely, what a good find!

Unknown said...

you look fabolous! :)

redcherrye.blogspot.com